Polk County Housing Authority

The Polk County Housing Authority oversees both public housing and voucher programs, if available. The housing authority owns and manages 1 facilities which total 182 units across the city. Public housing agencies, including the public housing agency in Polk County, are required to submit and receive approval from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development Arkansas State Office every 5 years. They detail the housing authority's strategy, outreach programs, operations, and policies so information can change. The Polk County HA code is AR117, and it's part of the Arkansas State Office.

Arkansas Official Housing Authority Contact Information:

Executive Director: Penny Terrell

Board Chairperson:

Address: 509 South Morrow
Mena, AR 71953-2520

Phone: (479) 394- 1565 Ext 301

Fax: (479) 394 - 7026

Website: www.hud.gov

Email: polkha@sbcglobal.net

Code: AR117

Programs Administered: Combined

Helping You Find Cheap Apartments in Polk County

The Polk County Housing Authority offers a wide variety of programs ranging from affordable public housing, housing projects, and subsidized housing all over Polk County, AR. The staff's goals include providing affordable housing in secure environments, while providing a high level of service. You can browse available apartments, housing units, and other accommodations directly by visiting their website:


Affordable housing in Polk County and elsewhere means wither rental or owner-occupied housing that costs at or less than 30% of one's gross income. Subsidized housing means a residence that the government assists in paying for. It can either be all or a portion of the monthly payment, depending on the person's income.

Polk County Housing Authority Application

If you're looking for apply for affordable housing in Polk County, you'll have to fill out an application (if the housing authority is currently accepting new applicants. We encourage you to first check on the status of new applicants by visiting the Polk County Housing Authority website:


Once you've determined that you've determined they are accepting new applications for public housing in Polk County, AR, you can begin your application process. The fiscal year ends on 30-Sep, so we recommend avoiding applying during that period as you might experience delays. Your eligibility for these programs depends on the following:

  • Annual gross income
  • Age or disability status
  • US citizenship or eligible immigration

The Polk County Housing Authority will check references that you put on your application to make sure that you will be a good addition to the housing project. Once your application is finished, you can send it to the mailing address which is:

Polk County Housing Authority

509 So. Morrow Street
Mena, AR 71953-2520

If you don't hear back from them or have any questions, you can give them a call at (479) 394- 1565 Ext 301.

OfficialHousingAuthority.com is a comprehensive database of information about housing authorities. Public housing was created to provide safe and decent rental housing for low-income families, senior citizens, and persons with disabilities. Units that are provided by Polk County public housing provide a large variety of living arrangements, from single family houses to apartments with care for elderly people. Currently, 1.2 million households live in public housing, which is overseen by around 3,300 housing authorities. We try to keep our information as accurate as possible, but if you find any inaccuracies, please contact us.