Sedgwick County Housing Authority

The Sedgwick County Housing Authority oversees both public housing and voucher programs, if available. The housing authority owns and manages facilities which total units across the city. Public housing agencies, including the public housing agency in Sedgwick County, are required to submit and receive approval from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development Kansas/Missouri State Office every 5 years. They detail the housing authority's strategy, outreach programs, operations, and policies so information can change. The Sedgwick County HA code is KS169, and it's part of the Kansas/Missouri State Office.

Kansas Official Housing Authority Contact Information:

Executive Director: Annette Graham

Board Chairperson: Richard Ranzau

Address: 2622 W. Central Ave. Suite 500
Wichita, KS 67203-4974

Phone: (316) 660 - 7270

Fax: (316) 660 - 1179



Code: KS169

Programs Administered: Section 8

Helping You Find Cheap Apartments in Sedgwick County

The Sedgwick County Housing Authority offers a wide variety of programs ranging from affordable public housing, housing projects, and subsidized housing all over Sedgwick County, KS. The staff's goals include providing affordable housing in secure environments, while providing a high level of service. You can browse available apartments, housing units, and other accommodations directly by visiting their website:

Affordable housing in Sedgwick County and elsewhere means wither rental or owner-occupied housing that costs at or less than 30% of one's gross income. Subsidized housing means a residence that the government assists in paying for. It can either be all or a portion of the monthly payment, depending on the person's income.

Sedgwick County Housing Authority Application

If you're looking for apply for affordable housing in Sedgwick County, you'll have to fill out an application (if the housing authority is currently accepting new applicants. We encourage you to first check on the status of new applicants by visiting the Sedgwick County Housing Authority website:

Once you've determined that you've determined they are accepting new applications for public housing in Sedgwick County, KS, you can begin your application process. The fiscal year ends on 31-Dec, so we recommend avoiding applying during that period as you might experience delays. Your eligibility for these programs depends on the following:

  • Annual gross income
  • Age or disability status
  • US citizenship or eligible immigration

The Sedgwick County Housing Authority will check references that you put on your application to make sure that you will be a good addition to the housing project. Once your application is finished, you can send it to the mailing address which is:

Sedgwick County Housing Authority

2622 W. Central Ave. Suite 500
Wichita, KS 67203-4974

If you don't hear back from them or have any questions, you can give them a call at (316) 660 - 7270. is a comprehensive database of information about housing authorities. Public housing was created to provide safe and decent rental housing for low-income families, senior citizens, and persons with disabilities. Units that are provided by Sedgwick County public housing provide a large variety of living arrangements, from single family houses to apartments with care for elderly people. Currently, 1.2 million households live in public housing, which is overseen by around 3,300 housing authorities. We try to keep our information as accurate as possible, but if you find any inaccuracies, please contact us.