Walker County Housing Authority

The Walker County Housing Authority oversees both public housing and voucher programs, if available. The housing authority owns and manages 1 facilities which total 93 units across the city. Public housing agencies, including the public housing agency in Walker County, are required to submit and receive approval from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development Alabama State Office every 5 years. They detail the housing authority's strategy, outreach programs, operations, and policies so information can change. The Walker County HA code is AL129, and it's part of the Alabama State Office.

Alabama Official Housing Authority Contact Information:

Executive Director: Kevin Fowler

Board Chairperson: Ralph Parker

Address: 2084 Horsecreek Blvd.
Dora, AL 35062-Additional Address Information

Phone: (205) 648- 5963 Ext 0

Fax: (205) 648 - 0853

Website: www.hud.gov

Email: kfowler@walkercountyha.org

Code: AL129

Programs Administered: Combined

Helping You Find Cheap Apartments in Walker County

The Walker County Housing Authority offers a wide variety of programs ranging from affordable public housing, housing projects, and subsidized housing all over Walker County, AL. The staff's goals include providing affordable housing in secure environments, while providing a high level of service. You can browse available apartments, housing units, and other accommodations directly by visiting their website:


Affordable housing in Walker County and elsewhere means wither rental or owner-occupied housing that costs at or less than 30% of one's gross income. Subsidized housing means a residence that the government assists in paying for. It can either be all or a portion of the monthly payment, depending on the person's income.

Walker County Housing Authority Application

If you're looking for apply for affordable housing in Walker County, you'll have to fill out an application (if the housing authority is currently accepting new applicants. We encourage you to first check on the status of new applicants by visiting the Walker County Housing Authority website:


Once you've determined that you've determined they are accepting new applications for public housing in Walker County, AL, you can begin your application process. The fiscal year ends on 31-Mar, so we recommend avoiding applying during that period as you might experience delays. Your eligibility for these programs depends on the following:

  • Annual gross income
  • Age or disability status
  • US citizenship or eligible immigration

The Walker County Housing Authority will check references that you put on your application to make sure that you will be a good addition to the housing project. Once your application is finished, you can send it to the mailing address which is:

Walker County Housing Authority

P.O. Box 607
Dora, AL 35062-0607

If you don't hear back from them or have any questions, you can give them a call at (205) 648- 5963 Ext 0.

OfficialHousingAuthority.com is a comprehensive database of information about housing authorities. Public housing was created to provide safe and decent rental housing for low-income families, senior citizens, and persons with disabilities. Units that are provided by Walker County public housing provide a large variety of living arrangements, from single family houses to apartments with care for elderly people. Currently, 1.2 million households live in public housing, which is overseen by around 3,300 housing authorities. We try to keep our information as accurate as possible, but if you find any inaccuracies, please contact us.